I am very glad to see Gill blogging again, I have learnt so much from her careful analysis over the years, I am however appalled at what has driven her to the keyboard!
It has come to my attention that, according to a well-known fellow home educator, we are all categorised as follows:
- "Pleasantly mad but thinking and competent;
- The Real Loonies aka two short planks;
- The God squad (very strict religious and we barely ever talk to them or hear of them);
- Fluffy (very autonomous but a little vague);
- Yes sir no sir (UK homeschoolers and their ilk who do everything they are told by the LA and live in a bubble);
- The pioneers (people like xxxxx [name deleted] who were doing it ages ago);
- The last lot (xxxx, xxxxx, [more names deleted] etc who were us 10 years ago); and..."
You can read the rest here.